On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 10:44:20 GMT, Kevin Walls <kev...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The deprecated Subject Delegation feature in JMX will be removed.
>
> This was marked in JDK 21 as deprecated for removal (JDK-8298966).

This covers the public interface to the feature, and tests.

Locally the feature is refused during a call to getMBeanServerConnection(with a
non-null delegationSubject).

Remotely, `javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl` has methods which
accept a Subject parameter for Subject Delegation.  This cannot now be non-null
in local usage, but an RMI Connection from an older JDK can invoke these
methods with a non-null delegationSubject.  Such access will be recognised and
an UnsupportedOperationException will be thrown (which the client will see).

RMIConnectionImpl can be simplified, and the class SubjectDelegator removed.

JMXSubjectDomainCombiner I would like to remove separately after this is done.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18025#issuecomment-1972845693