> Move immutable nmethod's data from CodeCache to C heap. It includes
> `dependencies, nul_chk_table, handler_table, scopes_pcs, scopes_data,
> speculations, jvmci_data`. It amounts for about 30% (optimized VM) of space
> in CodeCache.
>
> Use HotSpot's `os::malloc()` to allocate memory in C heap for immutable
> nmethod's data. Bail out compilation if allocation failed.
>
> Shuffle fields order and change some fields size from 4 to 2 bytes to avoid
> nmethod's header size increase.
>
> Tested tier1-5, stress,xcomp
>
> Our performance testing does not show difference.
>
> Example of updated `-XX:+PrintNMethodStatistics` output is in JBS comment.

Vladimir Kozlov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  Address comments. Moved jvmci_data back to mutable data section.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18984/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18984/files/6b1f69d9..1824f46c

Webrevs: