On Thu, 2 May 2024 06:45:39 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspit...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/ObjectMonitorUsage/ObjectMonitorUsage.java
>>  line 257:
>>
>>> 255:             // Correct the expected values for the virtual thread case.
>>> 256:             int expEnteringCount = isVirtual ? 0 :
>>> NUMBER_OF_ENTERING_THREADS;
>>> 257:             int expWaitingCount  = isVirtual ? 0 :
>>> NUMBER_OF_WAITING_THREADS;
>>
>> There are comments below that still reference NUMBER_OF_ENTERING_THREADS
>> and NUMBER_OF_WAITING_THREADS.
>
> Thank you for the comment. In fact, I don't know how to fix it.
> Replacing of NUMBER_OF_ENTERING_THREADS/NUMBER_OF_WAITING_THREADS in comments
> with `expEnteringCount/expWaitingCount` does not make sense to me. The
> comments are about the tested pattern, not about the real values. Please, let
> me know if you have any suggestion on fixing.

expEnteringCount/expWaitingCount contain the tested patterns. I don't see why
they can't just replace NUMBER_OF_ENTERING_THREADS/NUMBER_OF_WAITING_THREADS in
the comments also. In fact it is confusing if you don't because code right
below the comments references expEnteringCount/expWaitingCount, not
NUMBER_OF_ENTERING_THREADS/NUMBER_OF_WAITING_THREADS.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19030#discussion_r1588440431