On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 07:12:27 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspit...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jaikiran Pai has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   unused import
>
> test/jdk/java/lang/instrument/NativeMethodPrefixAgent.java line 34:
>
>> 32:  * @modules java.management
>> 33:  *          java.instrument
>> 34:  * @run shell/timeout=240 MakeJAR2.sh NativeMethodPrefixAgent
>> NativeMethodPrefixApp 'Can-Retransform-Classes: true'
>> 'Can-Set-Native-Method-Prefix: true'
>
> Just a question. The original test had a timeout:`timeout=240`. My guess is
> that the default timeout was not enough. Do you think, it is not needed
> anymore or you just missed to add it?
> The same question applies to the other test.

Hello Serguei, that `timeout=240` appears to have been added as part of
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-6528548 to several of these tests back in
Java 7 days because the `shell` test which was creating the jar file was timing
out. The actual test itself, the one which uses the generated jar to run the
agent, was completing within a second or two.

With the current state of the PR I have run tier3 in our CI and there too both
these tests complete within a second on all platforms. So I decided not to copy
over this timeout as part of this change.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19495#discussion_r1625628639