On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 20:51:52 GMT, Cesar Soares Lucas <cslu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Please, consider this patch to remove unused methods from the code base. To
> the best of my knowledge, these methods are only defined but never used.
>
> Here is a list with names of delete methods:
> https://gist.github.com/JohnTortugo/fccc29781a1b584c03162aa4e160e874
>
> Tested with Linux x86_64 tier1-4, GHA, and only cross building to other
> platforms.

src/hotspot/cpu/s390/vm_version_s390.hpp line 516:

> 514:   static void set_has_CompareTrap()               { _features[0] |=
> GnrlInstrExtFacilityMask; }
> 515:   static void set_has_RelativeLoadStore()         { _features[0] |=
> GnrlInstrExtFacilityMask; }
> 516:   static void set_has_GnrlInstrExtensions()       { _features[0] |=
> GnrlInstrExtFacilityMask; }

I know this PR is still in draft state. Just a thought: I would like to keep
the methods in `vm_version_s390.hpp` file for now. I'm planning to remove the
checks applicable to older hardware. So it would be better, If I clean these
methods as a part of that PR :-)

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19550#discussion_r1628627936