On 7/17/24 10:03 PM, Thomas Stuefe wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 00:45:24 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

Sonia Zaldana Calles has updated the pull request incrementally with one
additional commit since the last revision:

   Updates based on feedback
src/hotspot/share/code/codeCache.cpp line 1791:

1789:
1790: #ifdef LINUX
1791: void CodeCache::write_perf_map(const char* filename, outputStream* out) {
I don't think that it is a right place ti expand arguments here. I think it is
more consistent to do it in diagnosticCommand.cpp for any jcmd command.  So
this logic might be the same for any _filename processing. Moreover it would be
better be add 'FileArgument' like 'MemorySizeArgument' that correctly parse
patterns like %p for all file arguments, used be all commands and be extensible
for new macroses if needed.
That's a good idea.

+1

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/20198#discussion_r1682118709