kitplummer (im)Agreed...and I believe based on my limited knowledge of Tuscany that updating the TuscanyRuntime to be able to deploy a SCA POJO should be straight forward - and simpler with the EmbeddedSCADomain.

I also agree on the tooling to provide the mapping between an SCA Composite to a JBI integration based on the included SCA bindings. This is definitely a sporty undertaking though. But, it could be a key discriminator (from a "selling" SM perspective).

I believe we're all on the same page.

Kit

Guillaume Nodet wrote:
I do think we need a SE like servicemix-sca (should be renamed to
servicemix-tuscany i guess) to host the Java annotated SCA pojo.
I see the translation between the SCA assembly to a JBI assembly as
something somewhat independant from ServiceMix core that could be
reused either at the tooling side,
as a command line tool (maven ?) or at runtime in ServiceMix.

The SCA annotated POJOs are just one model amongst several that SCA
can support.  I'm sure we could define a profile for JAX-WS / EJB3
that we could deploy on servicemix-cxf-se (when it supports EJB3 ;-)
).

But we need both to support standard SCA deployments: a SE for SCA
annotated POJOS and a translation layer to translate the SCA assembly
to a JBI Service Assembly.

But your assumptions are right about how to handle that: an
implementation.bpel would be translated into a SU for Ode, same for
POJOs.  In addition several SUs targeted at BCs need to be generated
for HTTP/SOAP wires ...

Not sure if this is more clear.
This is of course subject to discussion, but given my understanding of
JBI and SCA, this the best solution I came up with.  Any feedback is
welcome.