From: Robert Varga [mailto:n...@hq.sk]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 8:06 AM
To: Vishal Thapar <vtha...@redhat.com>; Faseela K <faseel...@ericsson.com>
Cc: sfc-dev@lists.opendaylight.org; mdsal-...@lists.opendaylight.org;
genius-...@lists.opendaylight.org; openflowplugin-...@lists.opendaylight.org;
Tom Pantelis <tompante...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [mdsal-dev] [openflowplugin-dev] IncorrectNestingException on SFC
when sing OFP model

On 09/07/18 01:26, Robert Varga wrote:
> On 07/07/18 06:20, Vishal Thapar wrote:
>> possible the yang definition for this one was incorrect and some
>> recent patch is now catching the violation.
>         output {
>             uses action:action-list;
>         }
>
> i.e. this is a separate instantiation of action-list, without
> mentioning any nicira extensions: their presence is not valid in this context.

As to what is catching the violation, it is the fact that since
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/73376/ (merged on Jun 26th) the binding
adapter shortcut, which skips serialization when the RPC is local and between
two binding users, is no longer effective, hence the data is bounced via DOM.

While we will restore the shortcut, this code/model is broken and will not work
in an cross-node invocation and needs to be fixed.

Regards,
Robert