On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 9:42 AM Faseela K <faseel...@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>    There was a discussion in last genius weekly call, whether we can
> disable tunnel monitoring by default.
>
>     Vishal indicated that netvirt would prefer disabling monitoring by
> default.
>
>    And can be enabled explicitly if required.
>
>    Any concerns if we do that?

This is a good idea. We talked about this a while back also and thought we
decided to do the same. The upstream netvirt csit does not use bfd.

Does disabling the bfd have any impact on the tunnel issues that are being
debugged or is this a benign change?

This would clean up the logs also as the bfd stuff is noisy in the
ovsdb/vswitchd logs that the upstream csit collects.