Today i installed a 2 items on my car and now i am having serious issues,.
  I still of course am working on my 87 Daytona Shelby. 2.2 TII

I removed the factory Air Filter Box completely.  In place of the  Hose beginning at
the inter cooler  then entering the Air Box( a straight through design) then exiting
and ending at the TB, I placed a 2.5" exhaust pipe.

Then, I placed a K&N cone type Filter at the fresh Air inlet of the turbo. ( with a
2.5" tube as its connection)

The plastic hose from the Power Module that enters the Air box was completely removed
for the introduction to the  K&N

Then last but not least, the little PCV line that ran from the fresh air intake side
of the air box, to the PVC junction boot, or grommet deal, that line was left open ( a
baby K&N protecting it Right now)

Symptom at hand is

Seems to have a miss when just driving (putting) along,
When I even attempt to hit the gas, the car has no real turbo power, and the most
WEIRD part out of all this...... when i clutch, it sounds like loud Blow off Valve of
some sort.( not equipped yet)
 the boost gauge in the dash even shows no Boost.

Trouble shooting

I have tried plug the little hose at the PVC line from the air box with no change in
run ability

Made a check for a good seal on the Turbo  hoses.

Ended up Dark out with no drop lights.

I also replaced wires, and plugs today 30 mins prior. gap 0.35, Belden 7mm wires. NKG
V power plugs.

Anyone know where I need to look? I will be inspecting vacuum in the morning. But If
anyone knows off hand if this conversion  is a problem. I would love to know

As i Said before,  Of course there is no hose from the Power Module to the  air box
any more, is that a problem?

 Thank,

Jim Bauer
88Daytona,