From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 6:23 PM
To: Mullikin, Stefan P; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SD> engine tick, and oil problems. please help

In a message dated 9/30/2004 6:08:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

        The relationship of the A568 and A523 are similar as the
relationship of
        the A555 to the A520.  Same cases, but the 555 and the 568
received
        slightly stronger pieces.  The 523 though is probably as strong
as the
        555 just due to its improved design.  The 523 came in around 90,
the
        same time as the 568.

        The parts will be hard to get either way, but the newer trannys
will
        likely last longer due to being slightly newer with stronger
parts (that
        are actually shared with the early Neon transaxles)

        TTYL,
        Stefan

Basically the way I heard it was the 568 came in the larger body styles
and the higher output turbo cars to make up for the weight.. ( I assume)
the 523 were for the lighter cars like Shadow/Sundance

turbo vs. non turbo also made a difference in final drive ratio..

to use one of these transmissions in a 555/520 equipped vehicle requires
the use of newer axels (I believe) and the shifter and shifters cables
to this to work properly..
I think this is a direct swap if im not mistaken?
To use these in an L body requires a little more ingenuity and a BFH!..
;)

Chris Pauluk  - Modesto CA - NorCalTurboDodge
84 Rampage -  www.cardomain.com/id/pentastarturbo
         (or)         www.cardomain.com/id/solo2rampage

L body 2 door car & truck (ie; Charger, Rampage body styles, ect.) *1979
- 1987*
FULL A pillar trim replacement w/integrated dual 2-1/16" gauge housing
pods http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=471503&postcount=9
Contact me privately @  [EMAIL PROTECTED] if interested...