From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SD> dual engine handling

Just thinking out loud here but wouldn't a dual engine car need to be
set up
perfectly to handle well? What I mean is, you may need to somehow link
the two
outputs together so that the transmission of power is equal to the front
and
rear. If the rear is pushing slightly harder in a turn than the front it
would
spin out.
Think about a motorcycle with the front brake on slightly and full
throttle
in a turn.

Also on a similar topic someone mentioned running one engine off in
neutral.
I don't claim to fully understand how auto transmissions work but isn't
it
hard on them to move at high speed with the engine off? When I drove a
tow truck
we had to pick up the drive wheels. I think it has something to do with
the
auto transmission's pump being driven by the engine.

------