Just to add a bit to the discussion: I can tell you that the 1990 Caravan C/V did indeed have a turbo option. It was available only on the short Caravan C/V. Called the "Turbo Sport Package" it was rated at 150 hp at 4,800 rpm. Available with either a 3 speed auto or a heavy duty 5 speed manual, it included the following:

- 2.5 liter SOHC turbocharged four-cylinder engine with heavy duty manual transaxle.
- 15-inch by 6-inch cast aluminum road wheels (set of four) (Snowflakes)
- P205/70R15 steel-belted radial all-season blackwall tires (set of four)
- T145/90D16 compact spare tire
- Dual bright exhaust tip
- 4,590-lb G.V.W. Package
- Heavy-duty brakes
- Turbo decals on front fender

These items were available on Caravan C/Vs only in this package. Information comes from the 1990 Caravan C/V sales brochure.

I currently have an:
- '89 Grand Caravan C/V with panel doors awaiting a Turbo transplant.
- '89 Turbo Caravan (donor)
- '90 Grand Caravan C/V  3.3L

None are for sale. (yet)

Dave Dean

MoparTurbo wrote:

Adapting the wiring harnes is possible but is not worth the effort, grab a
harness out of an 89 van (a 90 will require an SBEC and the dash controls
may also be different) also alot of that 86 car will NOT be a plug\bolt in.
Your best bet would be to try and salvage as much from an 89 van as you
possibly can, including the top end since the intake is different on that 86
tona. By the way I think this should turn out very nicely, and although I
have never read anything that indicates those cargo vans never came equipped
with a turbo I did have a turbo cargo van on my street for years. The old
man wouldn't sell it to me. But like with the long wheelbase minivan
arguements of yesteryear Im sure alot of people will come to argue over this
aswell. If you have any pics of the ongoing conversion send em on over.

-----------------------REMOVE-FOOTER-WHEN-REPLYING---------------------------- Questions? Visit http://www.sdml.org/