The fact that the experts don't know what will be worth something is so true.
I watched, what I believe was "Good Morning America" about 20 years ago.  Mr.
Hemmings ? from Hemmings Motor News was asked, "What car, do you believe is the
best investment right now"?  He replied, "Anything made by AMC"  That made my
day since I have a 68 AMX.  I also heard everyone say that if AMC ever went out
of business, the price of my AMX would skyrocket.  Well they went out of
business and I couldn't give my car away if my life depended on it.  I still
have the car and now I'm starting to see the prices going up.  The thing with
the AMX is that it was always under appreciated.   It wasn't a Chebby Fard or
Mopar.  I could have purchased a mint 1970 HEMI Challenger R/T with 24,000
miles on it in 1974 for $1,500.  That was the same price that I paid for the
Challenger I was driving at that time.  How things have changed.
  But, there are a lot of Turbo lovers and a lot of guys want that $600.00
GLHS.  I want it really bad and was thinking about getting a friend to help me
bring it to Minnesota.  Biggest problem is, My wife quit her job one month ago
and doesn't seam to be trying too hard to get another.  We live check to check.
 The company I work for is about to go belly up.  I've been there 24 years.
(hope it goes belly up too.  I'll just take some of my 401k and buy a numbered
Shelby.)  Seriously.  I've been thinking about that for a long time.
You can't blame a guy for wanting to part something out to get rid of it.  It
took me about 2 months to get rid of a 90 VNT Daytona ($500)  and almost a
month to get rid of my $800 87 GLHS.  I know the parts would have sold MUCH
faster.
I wish I was in a slightly better place financially, I'd buy that GLHS in a
second.  I need an excuse to do a road trip.  Besides, the body has to be more
solid than anything I own.  MN. rust doesn't like cars.

--
Bob Doherty
Coon Rapids, MN.

90 Daytona Shelby TI