At 12:43 PM 5/23/2005 -0400, you wrote:
> Hello everyone. If you have a numberd Shelby Dodge I am looking to add you
> on the registry. I want to make it complete as possible. It's getting
close
> to become a classic car. Next year will make the 1986 GLHS a classic car
> being 20 years old. To see how rare your car is contact me with your
> information. Visit my website at
> http://www.soulserpentmedia.com/DodgeShelby.html and click on the registry
> link of the car you have. I don't care if it's running or not. If you own
it
> you deserve to register it with me. As the years go on, I have been seeing
> more and more people part out their cars. Let me know which ones you have.
> If you have any other dodge shelby automobile let me know as well. I will
be
> putting the others on the website with only your permission.

While enthusiasm and active participation in projects to improve and
maintain the Shelby Dodge hobby is thing I have the utmost respect for, a
professional website to take care of these historical & documentation needs
was created back in 1995 via www.shelbyregistry.com . It would seem kind of
redundant to set up one more new website with so many of the same overall
ideas in mind.

There have been complaints over the years that the registry database has not
been updated enough but it would seem a wiser idea to me to work with our
already existing and well established resources to build and maintain an up
to date resource for everybody.

Bill Yohman who operates the site has built a very professional site but
doesn't always have enough time and resources to hand input a tremendous
amount of owner information into a easy to use database. If you have the
time, enthusiasm and skills to tackle this I would make an inquiry to him to
see how you could improve what we already have.

If there are too many choices of very similar historical services in this
hobby then each one of them will suffer because people will be confused and
won't end up finding the time to actively participate in them. Sometimes
re-inventing can be counterproductive.

Thanks for the plug. We have had some great donations recently and now that I'm back in town, I'll be letting a contract to create a program to update the Registry. I don't have a firm date yet but once the contract is let, I'll keep everyone posted.

Cheers.

Bill Yohman - SDML Admin Team Member
86 GLHS 201 - 2000 Intrepid
2004 Ram (Yeah, it's got a Hemi!)