Hey all.

I have been having a problem with my 1987 Shelby Charger. When it would get hot, it would stall at stoplights, stop signs, etc. This usually happened on hot days with the A/C on and usually when the electric fan kicked on. I had weak acceleration and poor gas mileage. Here's what I did...

Pulled the covers off to examine the timing because my timing light didn't even show a timing mark. I checked the timing with the TEMP probe unhooked. Upon inspection of the crank pulley, cam pulley, and distributor pulley, I found that the crank and distrib pulley were one tooth off. I reset those, tightened the belt again.

Now I need to set the engine timing again... but I can't remember the next part.

Do I set the timing at 12 BTDC or 15 BTDC ???

I have an MP computer that is supposed to do the 10 psi boost. Where do I set the timing? Thanks.

Donnie
1987 Shelby Charger
Greensburg, PA