  From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (SDML)
  Subject:  SD> 90 Daytona, TI 413. Bad diff bearings
  Date:  Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:35:34 +0000
  Hi All,

  My 90 TI shelby Daytona has bad differential bearings. I just
  replaced a seal on the drivers side last night and found lots of
  metal flakes. The tranny is still working OK but I need to get this
  corrected as soon as possible. The magnet in the tranny is only going
  to catch so much metal. LOL> What does it take to change the
  bearings? I assume I'll have to drop the K frame and pull the axles
  out. (Just had that down a month or so ago when I put in a new rack)
  Is this a relitively easy fix? Will it all come apart fast and go
  back together OK or is it going to be a PITA to get at everything. I
  don't want to fix it but am forced to. I really just want to fix one
  of my other cars and let this one go cheap but since it's my daily
  driver.......It doesn't give me time to fix anything else. Something
  breaks on this car constantly and I don't really do much more than
  just drive it fast. Any idea how fast I can change it in a driveway?
  I've got two cars in the garage that force me to w!
    ork outside. really sucks in the winter.
  Thanks.
    ( I'm a better than average machanic with all the tools. Just
  haven't dealt with working on a tranny in the car before.)

  --
  Bob Doherty
  Coon Rapids, MN.

  90 Daytona Shelby TI