I didnt realize the seats were different.

The gauge in my 86 C/S has the electronic speedo. So cable. So baybe it was a
mid year change? It has a cable, but that drives the cruise.

Remember that they all have electronic pickup at the tranny, for the EFI.

everything will swap for the most part since it was virtually the same
interior from 1984 to 1989 with some minor cosmetic and vendor changes  along
the
way, so for the most part everything will swap except the  instrument cluster
(gages).

Don't forget that the seat brackets are different too

Joey Dalton
Hillbilly Racing
86 Turbo Z C/S       T Tops      DC intercooled
87 Shelby Z   parts car =( T Tops, Fred Flinstone floors, broken rad support
and cracked front subframe.
88 Shelby Z     Pacifica/lebaron interior, 3.85 FD a523 with HR short throw
shifter, TAFT S2 cam, 20 PSI, Hillbilly exahust
88 Chrysler Shelby Z  T tops
89 Daytona C/S compitition
66 Dodge Charger
76 Dodge D 100 318/auto
51 Studebaker Champion 4 door    future father/son project, will be 355 EFI
HEMI