Or of course you can have a Shelby Lancer with the DX 77 still working. First CD player installed as standard equipment in any American production automobile, 100 watts of power, and 10 speakers. Still great sound. ----- Original Message ----- From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <shelby-dodge@imagicomm.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: SD> Only 2 speakers? P-Body

Well, that and the fact that now that really good FM transmitters like the Monster Cables model and MP3 players have arrived, there is really no reason to put in an aftermarket stereo if you want to keep the stock look on your car.

I put the old AM/FM stereo unit back in the CSX and have it running to an amplifier for better sound. The AMP is hidden and you can't see the upgraded speakers.

Running from my 30 gig zune to the FM tuner sound more than acceptable. Not super HI/FI, but pretty darn good.

James
'86 GLHS 478
'89 CSX 295
Sacramento, CA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Bob,

Count me among the faithful who, like you, go out of their way to put the factory original stereo in their classic car. The aftermarket stuff can be cheap or can cost a fortune when new, but ultimately looks like a cheap piece of junk after twenty years. The original stereo only gets more dignified with age.

I replaced the factory stereo with original equipment rebuilt stereos in my '74 Fury, '91 Spirit R/T, and '95 New Yorker.

Andy In Friendswood