Before you go ordering pistons there are a few things to consider.  Most
times the engine block will need to be bored out to elimnate any taper and
out of roundness in the cylinders.  This requires an oversize piston, not a
big deal, but hom much oversize is dependent on your particular block.  A
good machine shop will measure the block for you and tell you what size
pistons to get, then once the pistons are in they will machine the bores to
fit those pistons.

Now, as far as what type of pistons to get, the factory used a cast piston
that was typically manufactered by Mahle.  These are a decent piston, and
are available from some of the vendors out there.  Stay away from any of the
pistons that Hypereutectic, there are a lot of horror stories about them
being used in boosted engines.  If your looking for a nice upgrade from
stock, forged pistons provide some more durability, with the downside being
that they cost more, and some types (venolias come to mind) require more
clearance which makes for a noisy engine until it warms up.

While your in there it might not be a bad idea to upgrade to some heavier
connecting rods since the lightweight ones used in the 86-88 TI engines are
a weak link.  Rods from an 85 TI would be a direct swap, but rods from any
87-88TII, or 89 up 2.2 or 2.5 turbo engine will work as well.

Get it home, asses what it needs and take the time to do it right and I'm
sure you'll be very pleased with the results.

Dave