Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:12:21 -0400
From: "Michael Henderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: SD> +20's in GLHS - What else is needed?

Hi all!  Question for the group...

I have a stockish GLHS with a not too long ago 2.2l rebuild.  It has a 5th
injector, and I am currently boosting to 17.5psi with stock fuel pump,
regulator and injectors.  I do have a MP LM in the car.

I acquired +20's to get even more fuel in and out of the car.  I can
grainger the boost higher and the cutout should keep the computer from
knowing what is going on but...

Can I get away with the stock fpr or (should) I invest in an afpr unit?
Same question for the fuel pump.  I'm pretty sure that the 19.5-20psi will
be enough to warrant a new 255lph fuel pump, but I don't know how the
computer will react to the extra fuel at low RPM's.

I currently have a Hobb's pressure switch set to 15psi to control the extra
injector.  I plan on leaving it set to that even after the +20's are in
unless there are other suggestions.  Please voice opinions!

Also, at what point does a stock T-2 GLHS radiator start backing up. I have
ZERO porting done to my head/intake/exhaust so I imagine that is a greater
restriction but when does a stock I/C become an issue as well?

Any and all responses will be appreciated!

Mike Henderson

1971 Plymouth Scamp /6
1987 Shelby GLHS #443([EMAIL PROTECTED])
1998 Dodge Neon Sport

"Love to hear the steel belts hummin' on the asphalt"- Guitar Town, Steve
Earle