-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ~RoB~
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:43 AM
To: shelby-dodge@imagicomm.com
Subject: Re:SD> +20's in GLHS - What else is needed?

I would play it safe and simple. I would buy at least a 190 fuel pump,
cheaper than stock. Then I would buy a FWDperformance.com stage 5 87
computer for it. Get one just like I did, 18 PSI, +20s, 3 bar map on a
fairly stock engine with just exhaust for pump gas. Then run racing gas
and
G valve it to 20 PSI. Extra injectors and pushing boost past the map is
how
you blow things up fast. If you want big boost you better get a 3"
exhaust
and +40s, then run 22 PSI on pump gas on a stock engine. If the engine
is
basically stock the cal is easy, you shouldn't need an AFPR. When you
add
mods it gets tricky, then you need the AFPR to tune it. A stage 5
computer
with +20s at 18 PSI on a stock GLHS is the limit. Past that anyway your
going to blow things up with light weight rods and a POS 525 trans.
Hooked
up to the turbo the computer can pull boost and timing if you get bad
fuel,
boost controls can't pull boost. I suggest.

87 Stage 5 FWD computer
+20s
18 PSI on the computer, NOT the boost controller
190 fuel pump
2.5" exhaust with 2.5" swing valve
larger wastegate can, unless it can hit 18 PSI now?
MSD 3 bar map
under hood map wiring change to run an 87 computer.

Forget the AFPR, extra injector, G valve and the 255 pump. You hit 17.5
PSI
of boost on stock injectors running the car lean towards melting
pistons.
The 2.5" exhaust will lean the car out and 18 PSI will feel like 20.
Great
power safely =P

Rob
86 GLHS 76
84 DC Rampage
89 turbo mini
93 Cummins

> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:12:21 -0400
> From: "Michael Henderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: SD> +20's in GLHS - What else is needed?
>
> Hi all!  Question for the group...
>
> I have a stockish GLHS with a not too long ago 2.2l rebuild.  It has a
5th
> injector, and I am currently boosting to 17.5psi with stock fuel pump,
> regulator and injectors.  I do have a MP LM in the car.
>
> I acquired +20's to get even more fuel in and out of the car.  I can
> grainger the boost higher and the cutout should keep the computer from
> knowing what is going on but...
>
> Can I get away with the stock fpr or (should) I invest in an afpr
unit?
> Same question for the fuel pump.  I'm pretty sure that the 19.5-20psi
will
> be enough to warrant a new 255lph fuel pump, but I don't know how the
> computer will react to the extra fuel at low RPM's.
>
> I currently have a Hobb's pressure switch set to 15psi to control the
> extra
> injector.  I plan on leaving it set to that even after the +20's are
in
> unless there are other suggestions.  Please voice opinions!
>
> Also, at what point does a stock T-2 GLHS radiator start backing up.
> have
> ZERO porting done to my head/intake/exhaust so I imagine that is a
greater
> restriction but when does a stock I/C become an issue as well?
>
> Any and all responses will be appreciated!
>
> Mike Henderson
>

> 1971 Plymouth Scamp /6
> 1987 Shelby GLHS #443([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> 1998 Dodge Neon Sport
>
> "Love to hear the steel belts hummin' on the asphalt"- Guitar Town,
Steve
> Earle

------

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected
from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the
information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.