*This week marks the Death Anniversary of Janabe Fatema (as)*

*Life & times of this great Lady*

*Part 4*

Janabe Fatema Zahra (A.S.) the Leader of the Women of the Worlds, the only
Daughter of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) and the Mother of the Leaders of Youth
of Paradise: Imam Hasan (A.S.) and Imam Husain (A.S.)

   Janabe Fatema Zahra (A.S.) the Leader of the Women of the Worlds, the
only Daughter of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) and the Mother of the Leaders of
Youth of Paradise: Imam Hasan (A.S.) and Imam Husain (A.S.).  She completely
resembled the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) and the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) considered
her the part and parcel of his life, and used to say repeatedly, "Fatema
(A.S.) is a piece of me, whosoever troubles her has troubled me, and whoever
pleases her has pleased me."

She was martyred at the age of 18 years on 13th Jamadi al-Awwal or 3rd
Jamadi al-Thani in the 11th year of Hijrah only 75 or 95 days after the
heavenly departure of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.).  On this deeply grieved and
sorrowful mourning occasion, we extend our heartfelt deepest grief and
condolences to all the followers and lovers of the Holy Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) in
the world.

*Janabe Fatemah Zahra (A.S.) the Link between Prophethood and Imamat*

Fatimah (A.S.) was the only woman connecting Prophethood and Imamate and was
the link between the two. She was the daughter of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.),
the wife of the first Imam (A.S.) and the mother of the rest of the Imams
(A.S.) who descended from her and her husband Ali (A.S.). Allah singled her
out with this virtue and peculiarity because she was the most perfect and
highest example in purity, sanctity, worship, asceticism and morals.

*Her Childhood
*In Fatemah's childhood, there was no place for playing, leisure and
purposelessness. Nor were her energies those of a child living a childhood
of innocence and simplicity. Rather, hers was the energy of a child who
stored within herself a feeling for the role which she should play in the
Messenger's life and the suffering and pain which he was facing. It was a
childhood with the characteristics of a motherhood, living its spirit and
fulfilling its role.

There she was, and having opened her eyes to life, she saw her father
(S.A.W.) coming every now and then, weighed down by the pressures, burdens
and harm inflicted by the atheists; so she would embrace her father and
relieve his pain and take care of him with all kindness. One day, she saw
her father (S.A.W.) in the Holy Mosque of Makkah after the atheists had
dumped dirt and rubbish over his back while he was praying to his Lord. She
promptly went forward and removed the rubbish with her small hands,
expressing her sadness and condolences to him (S.A.W.) with her tears.

This is what made her open up to her responsibilities in her early childhood
to stand by her father, to take care of him and empathize with him; and he
was the one who had lost his mother, and his sympathetic wife. She stood by
him when he was challenged with the Message: some called him names, others
accused him of being insane, others threw dirt and stones on him; his uncle
Abu Lahab crying out: 'No doubt, Muhammad (S.A.W.) has bewitched you!'

But when he returned home, he would be greeted by Fatemah (A.S.), with her
sympathy and care, which was not that of a child weeping without
awareness..... She was sensing that his pain was also hers and so amassed
during her childhood the pain of the Message and pain of the Messenger...
And whosoever amasses in their early childhood the awareness of the pain of
the Messenger and the Message cannot find time for leisure or playing or
purposelessness; playing and purposelessness occur in our lives because of
an emptiness, which we are trying to fill. This was how Fatemah (A.S.) grew
up, not like other children, but as a person with mission in her feelings,
emotions, opinions and her whole dynamic attitude.

http://imamreza.net/eng/list.php?id=010303

--
Regards

Hasan Baqar Rizvi