ROTFLMAO!

Yeah, you're right. I'm not a computer maven but I have been running them
for a long time . . . mostly PC's though. Mac'er's absolutely love them.
PC'ers are mostly ambivalent, I think.

The reasons I started all this, aside from the most recent crash, are that I
recently purchased a digital camcorder. My PC won't run video unless I shell
out more $$$ for a firewire card and software. I'd like to be able to edit
and perhaps adjust my pitiful swing after reviewing movies of "the lurch."
Second, my eldest son, Sir Kevin of Silicon Valley, is a programmer. He's
been writing code for 2 huge companies in the Bay Area for a long time. He
owns 3 PC's including one of those multi-gigabyte HD/Memory/super-cooled
speed burners that cost mega bucks. He just ordered the fastest Mac on the
market. He says it won't even be available until the end of July. He says
"Pops, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. Windows is crap, DOS is crap,
MS never got it right. I make my living writing code but I'm buying a $3500
Mac." So I said, "what the hell do you know? I repair golf clubs." A
brilliant riposte, if I do say so myself.

I spent a lot of time yesterday at 3 computer stores talking with Mac guys
including one who worked for Apple and another non-commission guy who simply
answered questions. I also spent a lot of time using an iMac in 2 of the
stores. The sales force must have been furious. All this talk about
"intuitivity," and so on is just so much bullshit, I think. I can run a
computer whether it be a Mac or a PC. I can't approach this as would a
neophyte so I asked JanFlan (She Who Must Be Obeyed) what she thought about
buying a $2K computer. Her response? "Go ahead but I'm keeping the PC. It
took me 20 years to learn how to turn it on. I don't want to start all over.
But . . . that iMac sure is cute. It looks like something from StarWars!"
So, based upon the couple of hours I spent with the iMac, and considering
that its really "cute,"  I guess I'm beginning to see Apple's point. I think
the point is, "We Can Design And Market A Really Cute, Easy To Run,
Affordable Machine That Won't Crash Every Two Months."

I'm getting closer.

Enough of this though. We'll go back to our golf stuff.

TFlan

  The feedback I got from users was that Mac users recommended them,