Mark:
If you look at Max Duplica's trajectory program it is very easy to see why you are getting more distance with the 15* head. i don't have the address for this program but I am sure others will be happy to "publish" it for you. It's a wonderful program.
HStill

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark A. Patton
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 8:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ShopTalk:Now Traj was SRV-II Update

Thanks for the review. Some of your comments as well as others from other
threads leads me to this:

I see many references to people wanting to keep trajectory down (for the
driver). I know this is desired as while I play, I know I hear it enough. My
question is, has anyone done any testing/demos regarding this?

Most any customer I solicit has this desire, but many times what they want is
their own destruction (I guess).  For my feeble game right now, my best "driver"
is a 15* 3 wood with a 45" shaft. While certainly no monster on the swingspeed,
last weekend it allowed me to out drive my competitor 4X, but also hit 7X more
fairways. On average we are talking 250 yds on the fly. Before I racked my spine
(snap crackle pop for those of the ST Open) I had a 7 hcp (with 32 putts avg :(
) and a avg driver distance of 275.

In a nutshell, there are advantages of a higher lofted club when accuracy is
needed (please review earlier post regarding tests on distance vs accuracy off
the tee as well as any major book regarding loft and fitting). How many have
tested a longer and higher lofted "driver". I know as time/money allows, a 12*
Bang may become a test subject.

Sad part is, evidently testosterone wins occasionally. I had a customer a couple
months ago who wanted a driver. I observed and demoed him. Though not needing a
lower trajectory driver, he wanted one. I built it for him cash on the barrel)
as well as allowed him to demo a higher lofted driver. Even though he posted a 5
stroke lower score with the "high" lofted driver, the "lower" was it. He
accredited this to, "bad swing" (hmm only with the lower driver) as well as
other astronomical anomalies. My practical "test"did not succeed here as
planned.

Fact of the matter is: We as club fitters CAN build a better club. We CAN (at
times) build a better game. We CAN build what the customer needs. We CAN build
what the customer wants.  We CAN have a satisfied customer, it just takes us
realizing that w/o the help of a shrink, these items will not always align.

Mark