> Can anyone provide some tips on using shafting beads?

I don't mix them into the epoxy.  I 'wet' inside the hosel with epoxy, then
put a thin layer on the shaft.  Then I hold the shaft over a catch
container, and get a small pinch of beads between my thumb and index finger
of my other hand.  I slowly turn the shaft and rub my thumb and finger
together over the epoxy on the shaft tip, letting a small amount of beads
fall into the epoxy all around the shaft.  I insert the shaft slowly and
twist a bit as the head goes on.  The beads will take up a lot of slop in
the fit of a head.

This is a lot harder to for me to describe than it is for me to do it.