From: tflan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ShopTalk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 10:03 PM
Subject: ShopTalk: UPS

Hi;

Is anyone having problems with UPS deliveries? 6 of my last 8 orders were
delivered to the wrong address or not delivered at all. Dealing with UPS is
a nightmare when there's a problem. Trying to get a human to listen to the
problem and take action is nearly impossible. I get the same response; "send
us the shipper's name, address, customer number, tracking number, contents
of the package" and on and on. How the hell is a recipient supposed to know
that stuff? So, I always contact the shipper and I always respond to UPS's
request (demands?). I tell the shipper what the problem is and I tell UPS
that I need to speak with someone in command. Mostly the shipper will
re-ship. Mostly UPS is unresponsive.

UPS always says they'll have an answer within 8 days. The answer is, always,
"our records show that the package was delivered on such and such a date and
left on the front porch," or something to that effect. The last "delivered"
package was delivered to a house a quarter-mile from mine. The driver swore
he left it at my doorstep. When asked to describe my house - it is unique
both in design and paint scheme (that's the way it was when I bought it) the
driver described a different house. He still insisted he delivered it here,
though.

I realize folks here on this forum live in many different parts of the U.S.,
and the world. Aside from lost packages, how have problems been solved with
UPS? This phenomenon didn't exist when I was in business in Long Beach, but
since I've been here in the Central Valley of CA it has become a real pain
in the butt.

TFlan