From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Ed Reeder
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 4:53 PM
To: clubmaker online
Subject: ShopTalk: Burrows Golf's fitting system

Ran across a neat fitting system.  From what I can tell, it
looks like you could even position the shaft to test different
spine positions.

   Burrows Golf is the new kid on the golf block. <Marketing BS snip>
   It's backed by some sound science, though, and an even more
intriguing
   part is Burrows' remarkable club-fitting system. Company officials
have
   devised special club-fitting demo models with which you can simply
   unscrew the shaft from the clubhead, screw in a different shaft and
   lock it in place with a small tool. (That threading technology, Bruce
   Burrows told me, comes from Ferrari.) It takes maybe 30 seconds, then
   you can go out and play with that club. Don't like the shaft? Come
back
   to the golf shop and screw in a different one and go back out.

   The system requires no real expertise by the club pro, and gives the
   player the chance to easily test a variety of shafts. <Marketing BS
snip>
   The same gimmick also is used at the club's other end so a player can
   try a variety of different grips. Counting grips and shafts and
clubheads,
   Burrows has 540 combinations. It's really ingenious. And you'll be
hearing
   more about the Powersphere. (Take a look at burrowsgolf.com.)

Here is a link to their fitting system
http://www.burrowsgolf.com/products_quick.asp

I also have to include this from their web site.  With their club, a
copper bracelet, and a Q-Link I bet you could drop 10 strokes from
your scores and drive the ball 25 yards farther :-)

   As a bonus benefit to those who wear copper bracelets, most harmful
   energy is dissipated by the PowersphereT, reducing vibrations
outward,
   not up the shaft of the club, and thus reducing joint and tendon
fatigue.

/Ed