Yup.  Seems like only last decade or so.

Al

At 05:01 PM 2/8/2003, you wrote:
Hey Al T, does this sound familiar.   Remember when we were talking about bending temps.  Just reminiscing.

RK

Manufacturer's of World Class Golf Club Repair Equipment
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-------Original Message-------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Saturday, February 08, 2003 3:08:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Great new find

In a message dated 2/8/2003 2:21:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I would like to share this will all.
>The product is called a "Tempilstik" 250 Degree F  Have been using it for
>over 50 head pullings with fantastic success. Simply heat the hosel in normal
>manner, touch the Tempilstik to the hosel, if it melts, set down heat source
>and PULL.. It indicates that the right temperature has been reached. NO
>OVERHEATING and NO UNDERHEATING. Cost approx $10 at any welding supply
>distributor. Lasts for years in our type of use!
>
>http://www.tempil.com/Tempilstik.htm
Arnie, That's a good idea. When I used to work for an induction heating manufacturer, we used templac to check for the desired temper temperature. It came in bottles that you brushed on the part. Each temperature was a different color. We would brush the intended temp. along with the next lower range and the next higher range. Of course we were using it on automobile parts such as axles.
Frank
.