From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ShopTalk: Alan's Note on Spines

Alan:
Damn, your note on spines brought tears of joy to my eyes. The only
part I didn't agree with (as a marketing type) is the paragraph below:
>>Then some artist in a corner that nobody but the marketing types
>>likes because >>the engineers don't think they add anything to the
>>design process (solid black >>is a great color for a shaft) decides
>>what the shaft is going to look like.
All of that beautiful engineering/shaft design work doesn't mean
squat if it doesn't show up on TV, and in fact, the color/design can
actually be MORE important (please recall Jose Maria's Masters'
winning Purple/Yellow UST ProForce Shaft, the worst shaft ever let
loose on society in general, played by one of the worst drivers on
the PGA Tour).
As a reward for taking so much time with your beautiful post, I'd
like to send you a freebie Orange Apache MFS65n in the flex of your
choice. This is the best shaft you can buy at any price. It's also
available in blue, but your friends will notice and won't want to buy
the "orange crush"!
Send me a note with the flex you'd like at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and I'll send you a lovely orange shaft.
--
John Muir
http://clubmaker-online.com