-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Tom Wishon
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 6:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: Replacement Shafts for Lynx Black Cat Irons

JACK:
I know the Lynx FLARE shafts of which you speak very well because back
when I was at Golfsmith, the company bought Lynx and with it, we
inherited a bunch of the old inventory of the clubs that had these
shafts.  Sorry to tell you this but there is absolutely nothing
available in today's shafts that will work.  The taper is so extreme and
the shaft was so specially made for this hosel design that no other
shaft will work, nor will any reaming operation allow any current shaft
of any type to fit or work.  Unfortunately I can also tell you that
these shafts are no longer made.  The only thing I can offer is to tell
you to call a guy named Bill Totten at Golfsmith and ask him if he has
any leftover used Lynx Flare shafts that he might be able to recover
from a returned club in their old inventory to send you.  Bill is a
super guy who heads up the production dept at GS and if he has any left
over at all, I believe he would do what he could to help you.  Otherwise
you are faced with having to tell your customer the facts that this is
not available and a new set is in order, or at worst, a replacement iron
of totally different model and shaft is the only other option.

TOM WISHON