About 0.5 gr's per inch.
David

Thanks David, that confirms a suggestion that was made that it would take 24 inches of lead tape to equal the two inches of shaft that I removed.  I don't question the amount but 24 inches of lead tape sure seems to be a lot heavier than two inches of shaft.  I have to assume its effect is more related to the location of that weight rather than the amount.

I added four 3" strips of tape to the sole of the club head and it did improve the feel and there was improved distance.  These four strips should have added 6 gr's to the swing weight if I am understanding the process correctly.  Well I found out yesterday that more is not necessarily better when I added another 6 gr's.  Although I only hit balls into a net, I have no way of knowing the distance they may have traveled, most of them had very little rise as if the loft of the club had been decreased by the weight.  I did notice Sunday afternoon while playing (before the second 6 gr's was added) that although I had good distance on my drives, there was not the usual loft that I had seen before.

I guess my next question is obvious, should I move the weight to the top of the club or the back and would either one return the loft to the club head?  This is a T-360 head with a 10.5° loft.  I am playing this afternoon so it will give me an opportunity to play with ball placement in my stance and tee height so I may be able to restore some of the loft in my swing.

Have a great day and thanks for you response.
Tom M.