From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of George Iacono
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 9:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Callaway x-14 reshaft

I recently finished reshafting a complete set of Callaway X-14 irons
(went from steel to graphite) and experimented with the slitting
procedure 1st, (using a Dremel tool) and it was quite easy.  I was
hesitant to bore out the hosel because I was concerned how much weight I

would take off and didn't want to mess up the swingweight as I had to
already contend with the swingweight factor switching to graphite.  To
make a long story short, I bored out the hosel and was quite suprised
that I hardly had to take anything off, barely lost a gram of weight (if

that) and it was a considerably easier job.  Although the finished job
of slitting the tip of the shaft looks kind of neat I recommend boring
out the hosel.  Swingweights came out fine in the finished product.

George Iacono