From: Greg Zachmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday,March 19,2003 8:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: How to pick torque?

Hi Mike,

One of the problems with a scientific approach to golf is it doesn't take into account that it is a human being playing the game and not a robot. Torque is one of the major components of how a club feels when it strikes a ball. Regardless of what the equations say torque should do to ball flight if the club doesn't feel good to the player none of it really matters. I'm sure that Lloyd is close to being right and DaveT is probably closer. If you build clubs for enough people your going to run across a player who uses all the wrong specifications and plays great. For these people (and I believe there are more than many will admit) no amount of science is going to get them to play something that doesn't feel good and those clients will put a clubmaker/fitter's talent to the test.

Take care,

Greg