Title: Re: ShopTalk: Integra head
oh yeah? I bet Arnie could beat up Bill, though...give me a break and lighten up, Mookie.
On a serious note, I noticed you've given up the handle "Clubmaker to the Stars". Can I steal that? Please?
John "my dad can beat up your dad" Muir
shoptalk

Hey Admiral Al,
Gosh - Gee - Heck, I stirred up a hornets nest huh? Will you tell these guys that Bill Abbott is not only still my friend but an excellent clubmaker. Bill was the - I think 2000 - 2001 GCA (Golfsmith) clubmaker of the year. Actually, he made it the last year before GS went to their new I-don't-give-a-shit about you little guys attitude.
Being like Bill skillwise is a very high compliment and he was a very busy dude and made a lot of money too. Also, Bill was super helpful always getting right in there to give advice to all those folks who may or may not have needed it. I think that what got anyone off his boat was that he couldn't quit patting himself on the back -- and gosh golly gee for some reason it rubbed a lotta few folks the wrong way.
And to all those, Admiral Al, that I may have offended I offer my sincere apology because us guys got to stick together.
Maybe I should mention that Bill once built 177 set of irons and 99 drivers (custom fitted of course) and reshafted 43 clubs (28 were Ping drivers) over Father's Day weekend and oh yes, shot a 67 - 73 in his club championship that same Saturday and Sunday.
Inkind,
MyKey, the lousy Clubmaker with no certifications or skills - luv you guys :-)

--
Thanks!
John Muir