In a message dated 6/14/03 9:46:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I don't know this guy but anyone who can do that much club work in two weeks with next day delivery certainly deserves to be considered for the "Bill Abbott" lifetime look alike award. What say!!

I don't know Bill Abbott either but it's 10:15PM and I'm just waiting for some epoxy to cure in the hot box so I will tell you that in my opion this is a business based on service, service and excellent craftsmanship plus a healthy dose of salesmanship. To do this I seek the best, fastest ways to get the job done. I won't cut one shaft for a set at a time with a plumber's tool, mix epoxy for just one job, assemble less than everything that came in today (and not leave till it's done). Most regripping jobs are done while the customer waits or goes out for lunch (keep 'em here to drool over their next purchase), if I'm busy with a fitting or bending job they may have to wait to pick up regrips at closing or tomorrow. Takes me 15-20 minutes to regrip a full set of clubs (see many posts about using a compressor) including washing every club (to find other work like slipping ferrules), bending a set of irons takes about 30-45 minutes with the customer hitting each club with impact tape (duct tape) also selling a regrip job IF NEEDED with a sales push for ProSoft Inserts (also posted). Actual work time for a set of irons is a total of one hour (not counting epoxy cure time of 1.5 hours) trick is to preweigh your shafts, pre calculate swingweights, pre spine shafts and pre frequency shafts, cut full set (tips), cut full set (length) turn ferrules (10 minutes with final polish), print shaft labels and apply (5 minutes), spent about 30 minutes with customer at delivery time to adjust lofts and lies, take the money and say THANK YOU! Read ShopTalk and SpineTalk emails and answer (while epoxy cures). It's a study in time management and chemistry like cooking!
This is not a stick and glue job! I have to beat competition like Golf Smith with their 99 cent regrip (labor only) and their 1-2 week repair schedules.
Forgive me for not knowing Bill Abbott..................I don't get out much these days.

The epoxy has cured it's 10.55PM so I can cut 2 iron sets and grip them now.... should get home for dinner by 11:45!

Arnie