As aptly mentioned by others here, Car trunks can exceed the 150 degree break down temp of the "super glue" alternatives. I have not used SA2000 but have used Royal Onyx in a pinch and have had one return, also from "trunked" clubs. This is from the Antelope Valley CA where summer temperatures can reach 110 deg. Obviously, I've stopped the practice even for emergencies due to the locale.

One thing that can help clubs in the trunk is to cover them with a towel (or two )or the club cover that comes with most bags. I've tried this both ways: covered and uncovered and it makes a difference.

Best,

CB

At 09:41 PM 8/28/2003 -0700, you wrote:
Here is what I received regarding the SA2000 breakdown
temperature.  Much less than I would have expected.

/Ed

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        SA2000 breakdown
Date:   Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:51:35 EDT
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mr. Ed Reeder,

Thanks for your inquiries into the breakdown temperature of SA2000.  The
bond has been breaking down at around 150degrees, plus or minus a degree
or two.  This is great news if you are using it on graphite shafts.
Also, we have had several customers keep the clubs in their trunks, even
in Arizona, and haven't experienced drastic results.  While I don't
fully recommend keeping clubs in the trunk, it should be ok.
Any further questions, please feel free to ask at any time.

Dave Bushman