There are others here far wiser and more experienced than I, some of whom I hope would agree with me, and provide you with reference and source material, if you wish to continue stirring the old pot.

**This is all pretty basic and no pots will boil over it.  Now a good question to ask is, and here you can get the ire of the purists,:  "Is a wood made of metal still a wood? "**

Al

At 08:59 AM 9/29/2003, you wrote:
Just to keep the pot boiling.  Is a 13 degree wood a driver or a fairway
wood?  How about a 6 degree or whatever.  When does a wood cease to be a
driver and become a fairway wood?

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Tom and Donna Mason
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 6:18 AM
To: ST
Subject: ShopTalk: A name is A name.

I would like to thank the gentleman that answered my question and for
his assistance.  Since the question did not relate to the NAME or
TERMINOLOGY of what the club was called, I was able to complete my
project.

I also would like to apologize to the purest for the lesson in learning
to direct question properly.  Hey, if you don't ask you never learn.
With that I will take my 22° DRIVER and go play a round of golf.