In a message dated 9/29/03 11:38:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

.  I had a Macgregor driver 10 degree "wood" but it
had an aluminum insert a brass back and a metal sole plate.  Was it a
"wood" or a metal?

I'm sooooooooooo confused. Have a club here marked "Pittsburgh Persimmon". It looks like it's made out of some sort of metal. Did a computer search and could not find out if persimmon wood grown in Pittsburgh, PA area has a different composition than persimmon from other parts of the country? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW! I believe that because a metal head is shaped like a "wood" head it is still called a "wood".  The problem is being compounded with metal heads resembling turn of the last century clubs made out of wood that served the purpose of today's "irons". Then someone started calling these "hybrids". I just can't figure this out! If I use a screwdriver to pry something apart, can it still be a screwdriver. Is it a driver or a pryer? Can I assume that because a head is marked with the number "1" it's a driver even though it's loft is 15*? If I hit my 5 iron off a low tee from the tee box should I label it a driver and not use it off the fairway? If I use my 7 wood  (metal head) off the tee is it a "driver"?
I am soooooooo confused! Please don't answer my golf question. I am giving up the game of golf because a friend gave me a 16 pound ball that has some holes in it and he said it is used for bowling or something like that. Should I fill the holes? What should I use to fill the holes? Can I put a handle on it? Is there a tool to fit into the holes with an attached handle? Oh well, I think I"ll just go out to the driving range and practice my bowling.