From: John Payne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 2:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: Not Golf - Acceleration

Ed

Pretty interesting but I'm not sure if all if it is accurate. Being an
airplane jockey the only thing I know about is the aircraft comparison.
The
"average" 747 engine produces about 36,000 horsepower and consumes about
.9
gallon a second during the takeoff which is it's highest time of
consumption. Interesting stuff though.

John