From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Andy Ruigh
Sent: February 1, 2004 1:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: RH vs LH Golf / Other

Harry, "Only in Canada!"   I always "blame" my lefty-ness on my Canadian mom.  :-)  Actually I wear my Canadian background very proudly.

What is the percentage of lefty golfers there?  Seems like I remember hearing over 20%.  Is that correct?

I definitely notice more and more young lefties here in central MN.  Maybe lefty stuff is more available now, maybe parents are more open to letting their kids play the "right" way.  Maybe it is because of all of the youth hockey around here.

My ability as a lefty, slap-hitting baseball player definitely kills my lefty golf swing.  Too many years of letting that left hand stay under the right on the swing.  I think I see my target lines better lefty, either because of the left eye dominance or the many years playing lefty.  I keep threatening that I can fix that natural fade and play lefty again, but I doubt it will happen.  But I will admit that having my son play lefty sure gives me reason to think about it.  But then again, it will probably help his game to not see me swing lefty!

-Andy