From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Tutelman
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:38 PM
To: Recipient list suppressed
Subject: ShopTalk: Why no improvement?

It is generally agreed that the average handicap has not dropped in the
past ten years. (I have seen references. All estimate the ten-year change
between 0 and 0.25 strokes improvement.)

Why do you think this is, given all the improvements in golf club and ball
technology over the same period?

BTW, this lack of improvement on average also seems to be true for the tour
professionals. So I can't write it off to a huge influx of novices
dominating the stats.

DaveT