Hi Andy

I use it too. I don't build much but when I do, I make sure my scorelines are parallel to the flange before I measure regardless of where the sole touches. I am not sure if that is right or wrong, but it is my approach to measuring with that device.

Jen

Andy Ruigh wrote:
I'm guessing this is a question more for the "hobbyists", as you pro's
probably use jigs for measuring.  I've used a "True Measure" from
Golfsmith for many years.  I've just noticed that if I measure assembled
club length using a 48" ruler running down the back of the shaft, with the
club in the playing position, I seem to get different results.  At least
1/4" longer.  I've noticed that if I sole the club properly in the True
Measure, touching the middle of the sole on the flange, that it doesn't
appear that the scorelines are parallel to the flange.  To accomplish that
parallel, I have to flatten the flange so the club's sole touches the
flange much more towards the heel.  And oddly enough, it seems to come out
closer to the "ruler down the back" measurement method.

Have any of you used the True Measure? Have you noticed any discrepancies?
 I just find the True Measure is so convenient versus holding a ruler down
the back of the club.  If I just need to build a little fudge factor into
the TM, I'm OK with that.  I just want to know that I'm doing what I
should be.

Thanks for any help.

-Andy