Hi Ron,

I built my own True Measure to start with, then bought one. I have made a
few alterations to improve my operation of it.

I epoxied a pair of I beams from an old curtain rod to the slanted bit (one
at each side) and a drop opening fixture so the slide does not move too
readily.

I installed a mirror opposite the slide to see the score lines on right
handed clubs easier.  Works great.

When I get some time, I will trim the I beams so hosels cannot reach them.
This should permit an iron to be squared up so the measurement will be more
accurate.

I will also have a better look at my local supplier's Measuring Device

http://www.mitchellgolf.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=1318.

Further findings for newbies setting up, check out a few building supply
stores until you find plastic 48" rulers.  They are cheaper than Aluminum,
and will not get bent and scarred quickly.

Colin

Colin Dick- Chairman of The Devious Ways and Means Committee
GCA Accredited Professional Clubmaker
SpineMaster Mk.II And Spining Information
on http://members.shaw.ca/cgdick/