Hi Ed,

I too just bought the same scale and got it Monday. My testing was not quite a thorough (turn it on, test with the calibration weight, go with it)... LOL. The calibration weight they shipped was 500g, and it was exact consistently. I don't know for sure the weight of anything else so trying to calibrate or test accuracy was irrelevant.

I measured the heads from Wishon that I bought and they were each .4 to .5 grams too high compared to the sticker on the cellophane. Then I removed the cellophane and bingo, apparently it weights .4g. (What a newbie eh?).

It's been great having a scale as I built this set and now I wonder how I did without it. I caught a major gaffe (sp?) in my prior technique with predicting swingweight in that the grip I used doesn't way close to the final grips and I never put two and two together. I took an old grip, trimmed off enough rubber to match the average weight of the grips I was going to use and voila, the readings this time should be closer to reality. Funny how something so simple doesn't cross your mind sometimes - and it's so obvious a thing to cause a difference too. Oh well.

I chose to buy digital instead of a triple beam because of the time savings for me... and realize I paid a premium for that but overall this seems to be a great scale and will be a valuable addition to my workbench.

I bought it from Canadian Weigh (canadianweigh.com) and received it promptly... pleased with the process.

Jen

Ed Reeder wrote:
I purchased a "My Weigh" i500 scale and wanted to give an
initial evaluation.  So far it has been wonderful.

<snip>

Bottom line.  It appears the scale is VERY repeatable and accurate.
The only issue seems to be a slight sensitivity to temperature.
(The scale does have compensation for temperature changes).  However,
you can simply check for a possible anomaly with the calibration
weight and easily perform a calibration if desired.

/Ed