Asking what to do with an exposed shaft  would   prove irresistible to our resident  comedians. How well did the paint stand up?
Jeremy.

tflan wrote:
Actually I did nothing with the excess. I gave the club to the guy to try. He liked it. I offered to spray paint the exposed portion of the shaft. The guy said . . . ". the hell with it. It looks like it's wounded. Maybe it will help me get some sympathy".

I've done a few other reshafts similar to this. Sometimes a guy will like a shaft pulled from say, a Callaway driver that he wants  in his Callaway 5 wood/metal. A lot of the scraped part of the tip is exposed. So what I've done with the black and/or the gray Callaway shafts is mask off the head and about an inch of the undamaged part of the tip, then spray the bare part with gloss black or gloss gray polyurethane, blending it into the original paint.

I had another one to do a few months ago - a UST 55 that was yellow and purple. The yellow was scraped away pretty far up the shaft. I didn't have nor could I find any yellow that was close to the original color, so I sprayed roughly 3" above the hosel with red gloss paint. The customer loved it! That UST is ugly anyway, so a little more color couldn't hurt it!

TFlan

Tom

  What did you you do with the exta 2 inches of abraided tip section out of the top of the hosel? how did you conceal it.

  Charlie

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.6.4 - Release Date: 06/06/2005