Gerry:
E-mail Chuck he has what your looking for
ChuckSilcoJr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

When you post frequency numbers it helps to list the beam length in order to compare I assume you are talking about iron shafts at 36" and a weight of 255g

Don Johnson

skismith wrote:

Can anyone help me with understanding frequencys on raw shafts or point me to a source with generally accepted standards for the different flexes? I recently purchased a Golfsmith frequency meter and started playing with it using a few different shafts.
I first put in a Harrison Tour Classic 2 listed as a/r flex @ 290cpm.
First few tests were about 285, then clamped it a bit more and get 291, so assumed the meter is working as well as it can. Have since tested two sets: first a set of Tommy Armour branded shafts by UST that have an "L" under the UST logo. I get from 285 to 298 (raw shafts with 249 gm weight) Second set: Comp 3 set by UST listed as "mid-firm". I get 304 to 313 with most at 307 to 310.

My questions are these:
Do these frequencys seem to be correct?
and is there somewhere where I can find a chart of what frequency ranges are generally accepted as L/A/R/S/XS etc?

I'm aware that the ranges will differ from mfg. to mfg., but I'm sure someone has worked with enough different shafts to come up with a chart.

TIA

Gerry