My personal drivers always seem to settle in at the 44.5" mark, as I just hit them better than anything longer. Even @44.75", I find myself choking down a touch. The problem is in convincing folks that they should probably be hitting a shorter club. I built a Wishon 715 @44.5" for a guy that is 5'-10" at the most this fall. He really hit it well, very consistent & straight. He ended up selling it as he didn't hit it any longer than his TM 580. The thing he didn't notice was that he was in the fairway a lot more, but that didn't seem to matter.