From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Alan Brooks
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 7:24 PM
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Well, the Open is done

Ya know, nobody does something that they think is stupid at the time (well, almost nobody).  That's a judgement that comes later.  As he said, he was trying to hit a 'safe' drive - one he had hit many times before.  After the drive failed, he was trying to recover - again, as he has many times before.  Did he lose sight of the goal of winning, or not realize what Monty had done, or does he just get his rocks off hitting 'impossible' shots and couldn't resist the temptation.  Who knows.  I kind of think the latter, but who am I.  Is he liable to change his game?  Possible, but I think unlikely, and I hope he doesn't.  He gives hope to all the rest of us that find ourselves in those terrible predicaments all the time.

Go Phil!

Alan Brooks