I have used both Bushnell without pin-seeker and GPS handheld units, first time out on a new course gps can be off, most of them have a way to correct for error, then they work great. I use the older 400 yard Bushnell without a problem, but I hunt a lot, so holding steady is not a problem. I also am getting old, so if green is over 225 yards, I use local yardage markers. At that point I am just trying to hit the darn green, not hit the pin. I also buy the local yardage books, (or make my own) and make my own yardage notes in them for when I come back, or play in a tourny that won't allow the rangefinders.

George Huson
ByGeorge Custom Clubs

Bob Barrette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All:
I am one of several golfers that are in the process of evaluating ( testing) G.P.S. systems.
Tests results will be  published in a Golf  Magazine in the near future.
Having said that, I own one of the Bushnell Rangefinders without the Pin-seeker technology, and I concur that it's not that accurate, because it is difficult to zero in on the flag from more than 150 yds. away. Can't keep the thing steady enough, so I have to aim it at a sand trap, trees, people, or other large objects.

Since testing the G.P.S.units ( Sky Caddie, Sureshot, Igolf ) I would not consider getting anything but a G.P.S. unit simply because you don't even have to see the green to get the correct yardage, you don't even have to aim it at anything, just press the button and it tells you the distance to the front, middle, or back of the green!!
Just my two cents worth!!

Regards,
Bob www.golfbum70.com

Do you Yahoo!?